Magnetic Particle Testing Level 3
Principal Method: Magnetic Particle Testing (MT) Training and examination based on EN ISO 9712
In this Level 3 training course the scientific fundamentals of the two inspection methods are dealt with at greater depth. The course deals in greater detail with the pertinent execution techniques and the aids needed for the purpose. The specific topics of the training course can be seen from the following table.
- Scientific fundamentals of magnetism
- Magnetic flux leakage and magnetic particle indications
- Magnetization and demagnetization techniques
- Magnetic particle testing equipment
- Evaluation of magnetic particle indications
- Monitoring and surveillance of magnetic particle tests
- Special techniques for magnetic particle testing and other magnetic inspection methods
- Bodies of CEN standards relating to magnetic particle testing
- Guide to drafting MT a procedure
Participants and conditions:
This training course addresses persons who have qualifications in engineering or comparable qualifications, have successfully obtained a qualification in BASICS, have passed the Level 2 examination in MT/PT and have appropriate professional experience. If the candidate has no Level 2 certificate, he or she must additionally pass the practical part of the Level 2 examination.