Basic Level 3
BASICS Training and examination based on EN ISO 9712
This training compprises the basic of the Level 3 training. A successfully passed exam is prerequisite for the acquisition of a Level 3 certification in the main procedure. Moreover, we shall provide you here - apart from the general basics of the qualification of personnel - with a broad and solid basic knowledge. You shall receive an in-depth insight into the usual main methods as well as a comprehensive overview of other NDT-methods.
BASIC Parts A+B:
- Historical development of personnel certification
- Certification according EN ISO 9712 / ACCP
- Employer certification based on SNT-TC-1A and CP-189
- Materials science and engineering
- Manufacturing methods and flaw analysis
- Operation-related imperfections
- Radiographic testing (RT), fundamentals at Level 2
- Magnetic particle testing (MT), fundamentals at Level 2
- Ultrasonic testing (UT), fundamentals at Level 2
- Penetrant testing (PT), fundamentals at Level 2
- Visual testing (VT), fundamentals at Level 2
- An overview of non-destructive testing methods (including other methods such as leak testing, eddycurrent testing, sound emission analysis, infrared thermography, neutron radiography)
Participants and conditions:
This training course addresses persons who completed technical education or two years of engineering or Level 2 examiners withseveral years’ experience of non-destructive testing.
If the candidate does not have pertinent professional experience at Level 2, practical training courses should be followed as appropriate prior to taking the practical Level 2 examination.